Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Day My Life Changed

I remember the day exactly. My girlfriend Sarah called me at my sisters house and said only four little words. "Please come home now." Those words changed my life forever. I raced over to her apartment, half terrified...half curious at what could have spurred such a call. I arrived at the apartment desperate to find out then praying I would not.

She tells me two more words and the world stood still.

That day I learned I would be a father for the first time. Immediately thousands of questions raced through my mind. What to do? How to do it? and Most important Where do we go from here? We had a tough three weeks as we discussed what to do. We finally decided to do what we new in our hearts was right. We married on September 2nd 2001 and my life has never been the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment